stumbleUpon

Monday, February 7, 2011

Social Media and Gadgets: Patrick's Take

How many people out there think that they could live a week without their cell phone? Most people would say they could not. I ask the question, why not? When was the last time you called someone that was not a family member, and had a real conversation with them? How many times do you check your email on your phone to find something was so important that it had to be dealt with right then and there. I get email on my cell phone, and I love it, but I almost never do anything with it from my phone. I wait until I can get to a computer to reply. For most people, the reason they could not live without their cell phones is social interaction. For people with feature phones (Flip or candy bar phones), the reason is that they want to text worthless stuff to each other. For smart phone users, it is surfing Facebook or still texting worthless junk to friends. I would love to know how many people go to Facebook on their phones, even if it's to check updates and not really do anything with content. Let's try an experiment, shall we? Every time you get a text, instead of texting back, try to call the person. After a while, you will start to understand what social media means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment