stumbleUpon

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gadget Alternatives

Hello all--My name is Michelle and I am a guest blogger. Patrick has been reminiscing about the gadgets he played with as a kid, and I have a slightly different experience that he asked me to share.

When I was growing up, I didn't have "gadgets," that I played with, but I was really into computer games. Thinking back, they were all really silly, but as a little kid, I loved them. I'm pretty sure my dad wrote some of them (they were really simple), but not 100% positive about that. One of my favorites was a coloring book. You could chose a picture and then paint it however you wanted. My favorite one was a picture of a boy sitting under an apple tree, and occasionally, if you were lucky, when you finished painting the picture, an apple would fall and hit him on the head. Another one was a spelling bee game. You could program the words you wanted into the game and then it would quiz you on the spelling. Sounds lame, I know, but I thought it was pretty neat. There were just so many of these simple games that I spent hours playing.

As I got a little older, say grade school, we started to play CD-ROM games. We had "Where is the USA is Carmen SanDiego?" "Reading Galaxy," "Babysitter's Club," and a few others that were pretty awesome. One of the best computer games I think I ever played was "Logical Journey of the Zoombinies." Thanks to Patrick, I was able to relive that experience for a little while a few years ago.

Well--that was my childhood experience of technology without "gadgets."

No comments:

Post a Comment